Seven case-themes presented in Oslo
26 researchers and stakeholders from across Europe met on 30 September 2014 in Oslo to discuss ToPDAd's seven case-themes from the energy, transport and tourism sectors. With just one year left, the research project is on cruise speed.
The seven case-themes look at the impacts of climate change on tourism, transport and energy in several European regions and explore different adaptation options.
Researchers from Joanneum Research, Transport & Mobility Leuven, ETH, VTT and Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation Research presented the case-themes and their preliminary results.
Solid modelling work, combining both economic and climatic projections, is underlying the case-themes. The University of East Anglia, CICERO and GWS presented their respective climate and macro-economic models. In addition, the cases also use sector-specific economic models from ETH, VTT, and others.
Once finished, the case-themes will illustrate to policy and decision makers how much different adaptation options in the energy, tourism and transport sector cost at regional level.
You can find all presentations of the Oslo workshop by clicking on the links below.
- An overview of the case-themes - by Adriaan Perrels from FMI
- A presentation of the climate scenarios - by Craig Wallace from University of East-Anglia.
- The tourism cases: Effects of climate change on snow and beach tourism - by Franz Prettenhaler from Joanneum Research
- The transport cases: Traffic options in case of extreme weather events and perspectives for the Northern Sea Route - by Christophe Heyndrickx of Transport & Mobility Leuven and Patrick Boesch from ETH
- Effects of increased weather variations on energy production - by Tommi Ekholm and Miguel de Azevedo from VTT
- The combined cases: Effects of flooding and protracted drought and heatwave on energy, transport and tourism - by Douglas Crawford Brown from University of Cambridge